As per the December 22, 2020 update provided by the Chief Medical Officer of Health, massage therapists are able to resume services under the following guidelines:
On December 13, 2020 the Government of Alberta placed restrictions to help control the spread of COVID-19.
All regulated health professionals are allowed to see clients for in-person services by appointment only. This includes our Physiotherapy and Naturopathic Doctor appointments.
Telehealth (video or phone call) sessions are also available for these services and we encourage our clients to consider this type of appointment whenever possible. Please note, as per previous restrictions, all in-person group classes have been suspended or moved to our online platform.
We have temporarily transitioned our Pilates offerings to Telehealth. Please reach out to us for further guidance.
As health professionals, we are governed by our regulatory college. We follow additional direction from the government of Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have specific guidelines in place at Lakeview Physiotherapy Clinic and Lakeview Movement Studio.
Here are the following precautions for in-person appointments:
- For every client and staff member, we screen for COVID-19 symptoms each and every visit.
- As a client, you will be emailed a COVID survey 2 hours before your appointment. Please complete this every time you have an in-person appointment.
- Come to the Clinic or Studio door at your scheduled appointment time.
- You may self-check in to let us know you are ready using this link https://lakeviewphysio.janeapp.com/checkin or wait at our front entrance until it is cleared to enter.
- Please attend the appointment by yourself except minors and those requiring physical assistance.
- Only bring necessary items into the building.
- Hand-sanitize in our vestibule area prior to proceeding into the office.
- Masks protect everyone. All staff will be wearing a mask. We ask that you also wear a mask during your appointment. You may wear your own mask or one can be provided for a $2 + GST fee.
- Our front desk staff can help you with contactless payment and online booking.
- Between client visits, we will be cleaning and disinfecting our treatment tables, chairs, and equipment.
If you have any of the following symptoms self-isolate, call 811, and please re-schedule your appointment with us
- Fever, new onset of cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, new loss or decrease in sense of taste or smell, runny nose, and/or sneezing (not allergy related).
Telehealth appointments are a good option if you need to stay home.