Pilates Instructors offer another perspective to movement therapy and post-rehabilitation which allows for a broader variety of exercises and therapy for everyone.
Pilates under the guidance of a certified Instructor is a great way to keep your body moving and challenged! You can choose to register for individual Pilates sessions or group classes.
Use this form of movement as:
- general exercise to gain strength and fitness
- the final step in the recovery and rehabilitation of an injury
- to manage a chronic condition
- pre and post natal training
Pilates instructors have training in a variety of methods and offer endless combinations of exercises to keep you engaged and encouraged. Using the principles and practices of the Pilates method, you will receive guidance and support to cultivate an intrinsic strength and awareness of your mind and body.
Working with a certified Pilates teacher helps you:
- Learn how to connect to your deep intrinsic core
- Learn how to move from your "centre of support”
- Move and work in the best possible alignment
- Use the Pilates equipment and props correctly and safely
Equipment Available: STOTT Rehab Reformers and Towers, Jump-board, Rotational Diskboard, Cardio-Tramp Rebounder, Split-Pedal Stability Chairs, Spine Corrector, Arc Barrel, Stability Barre, and various small apparatus
Individuals will benefit from this type of movement who have:
- A desire to connect deeper with your body
- Weak "core strength"
- Tight / weak hips
- Poor postural patterns
- A need to be stronger and feel younger
- A desire to join a community of like-minded individuals interested in pursuing their fitness, therapy, and rehabilitation goals in a new and different way.
Pilates Instructor sessions focus on:
- Joseph Pilates principles: Breath, Flow, Centering, Control, Concentration and Precision
- Good overall alignment and posture
- Optimal core connection
- Segmental spine movement
- Full body integration
- Balance and co-ordination
- Axial elongation - spine lengthening in all directions
- Shoulder girdle stabilization
- Neutral spine and pelvis awareness
- Deep neck stabilizers - strength and balance