Rama Swami is a pelvic health physiotherapist who completed her postgraduate studies through the All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Her experience in healthcare settings ranges from hospitals, nursing homes, and private practice clinics.
She moved to Calgary in 2012 with her husband. After delivering her daughter through a C-section, she realized the importance of taking care of her health. It fueled her passion to help women through different stages of their pregnancy and postpartum journey and inspired her to help them live the life they want to live.
Rama Swami provides continuing education as a clinical instructor for physiotherapy students graduating from the University of Alberta.
Certifications and Specialties
- Level 3 Certification in Pelvic Health Dysfunction
- Certification in treating Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Advanced training in treating Pelvic girdle pain during pregnancy
- Certified in Chronic Pain Management
- Pessary fittings
- Trained in Trauma-informed care (for physical and sexual trauma)
- Yoga as a therapeutic approach in Pelvic Health Care